HOW DO I CLEAN MY HOT TUB?
Your Royal Spa is a sanctuary where you go to relax and get away from it all. You can’t do that if it’s dirty or functioning poorly. That’s why we’ve put together this hot tub cleaning guide.
Spring is the perfect time to perform these easy maintenance tasks. Simply follow the steps below to clean your hot tub inside and out!
1. Before draining, apply “Jet Clean” to the spa water and let it circulate through the jets. This will clean out the pipes and equipment. This only needs to be done every 3 years or so.
2. Drain your spa completely.
3. To properly clean the acrylic surface, we recommend wiping the surface with a soft damp cloth or sponge. Distilled vinegar or denatured alcohol are good cleaning choices for the spa’s surface.
DO NOT use any cleaning products containing abrasives since these could dull the brilliant surface. Products like Bon-Ami, Comet, Ajax, or Lysol are NOT recommended. Harsh chemicals should NEVER be used on acrylic surfaces.
DO NOT use household soap or liquid detergent. This will cause the water to foam.
4. Refill your spa.
Remember to turn your thermostat all the way to “Cold” or minimum and leave it there until after the spa is filled and all of your pumps/jets are working properly. Turn your thermostat back to the desired setting after you have established that all of the pumps and jets are working properly.
5. Balance the Alkalinity and pH of your spa water as quickly as possible. This can take a few days to complete.
6. Add Start-Up Chemicals: follow the directions in your Operation & Care Guide regarding what chemicals to add.
7. Add Royal Spa’s “Natural Hot Tub Nutrients” to your water. Do not add them until you have balanced the alkalinity & pH of your spa.
Additional Cleaning Tips
Clean your filter every 4-6 weeks by spraying off with your garden hose. If a garden hose is not available, you can run your filter
through the dishwasher (DO NOT USE SOAP OR DRY BY HEAT).
Using Spray and Rinse will help eliminate oil and grime. You may rotate two filters,
exchanging the dirty filter with a clean one.
Clean your skimmer basket every 1-2 weeks. Unscrew the basket, pull it out and remove any
foreign debris. It is good practice to turn off your spa before removing the basket.
Hopefully this guide helps with cleaning your hot tub and gets it ready for another great year of fun. If you have any questions, please contact your Royal Spa rep any time! Enjoy your spa!